After last nights game (6-0 for Philly over Montreal) some might question the choice of picture. However, both the Habs last two series started out the same way. Winning the Stanley Cup has got to be one of the hardest goals there is. ON that note here is today's guest post. When setting goals, instead of measuring them against SMART criteria, evaluate them against the following criteria:
- Is your goal dynamic – is it open to changing circumstances?
- Does the goal reflect the most important needs, as opposed to responding to standard expectations?
- What will be the impact on the organization if the goal is not achieved?
- Can the goal withstand failure?
- Will pursuing this goal conflict with other important goals?
- Will you and your team experience pride and personal satisfaction when you achieve the goal?
HARD goals are:
Heartfelt: My goals will enrich the lives of somebody besides me.
Animated: I can vividly picture how great it will feel when I achieve my goals.
Required: My goals are absolutely necessary to help this organization
Difficult: I will have to learn new skills and leave my comfort zone to achieve my goals.
If it was too easy anyone could do it. "Go Habs Go!"
Thank you Jamie!