Interested in getting greater visibility for your business or website(s)? Looking to polish your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) skills? This SEO course might be for you.
My name is Jackson Lo and I am a consultant in the field of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Local SEO, Local Search Marketing and Google Analytics. I spend over 50 hours a week working on various website projects and optimizing their performance in Google search results. This gives me a breath of ‘current’ knowledge in the industry and allows me to provide my clients with the best recommendations possible in this fast-changing environment. As we all know, the world of search is constantly evolving. While that is true, there are fundamentals that don’t change; most of which you can start implementing on your own website and see results. In order to do SEO today, you MUST have a plan! Know too that SEO is a long-term strategy. The days of guaranteed rankings and ‘I’ll get you 1,000 links’ are over. If you’ve run into anyone telling you that they can get you #1 rankings in Google overnight, turn around and run! With updates like Panda and Penguin, search engines are cracking down on websites that still use old-school black-hat methods to game the system. Gaming the system might get you some quick results, but you run the risk of your website being penalized, and in some cases, removed from the search results completely (see a case where this has happened) So who wants to learn how to do SEO the right way (the white-hat way)? I now offer an in-person training program; group (3-6 persons) or one-on-one.
Upcoming group training: Saturday, October 19, 2013 from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM (EDT)
Location: TheCodeFactory - 100 Gloucester Street #300 Ottawa, ON K2P 1T3
Register now on Eventbrite!
Some background about my group training courses:
Who should take this SEO Training?
- Small business owners
- Startups and entrepreneurs
- In-house marketing specialists
- Beginner and Intermediate SEOs
- Webmasters and programmers
The course will teach you the basics of SEO, and some intermediate material. The topics covered are:
- Basics of what is Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and how it works
- Why dominating organic search engine results is important to your business
- How SEO will spearhead your business online
- What makes a website SEO-friendly
- “Blackhat” SEO tactics that you should avoid
- Search engine ranking factors and their importance
- Keyword research / keyword analysis – understanding search demand and where to find that source of data
- Laying down the basics of Technical SEO (robots.txt, sitemaps, canonical links)
- On page optimization (title tag, meta description, headings, image optimization)
- Optimizing your page content for SEO
- Understanding what links are (internal links and external links)
- Why links are important and how do you get links
- Introduction to Social & SEO
- A better understanding of how SEO works and how it could apply to your business
- Actionable tips that you can bring to the office the next day and immediately start planning for changes to your website
- Course material (PDF file of the slides will be emailed to you, copy of the slides will be printed out and handed in the classroom)
- Laptop (not mandatory, but it would be good to have in the classroom to follow along)
- Pen or pencil for jotting down notes on your printed set of slides
- Your brain
Cost: $100 per person
One on one training on SEO requires that student to provide details of his/her project, which will allow me to prepare a custom training session that revolves around their situation and business. One-on-one training prices are custom and will only be decided when there is interest. Please email Jackson Lo to obtain details for your one-on-one training.
So what are you waiting for? Head over and reserve your seat today!
Register now on Eventbrite!
Help spread the word about this event!
- Jackson Lo